- offers other person the second twix at a bus stop au
- share an umbrella in a hail storm au
- car broke down at same shitty restaurant in the middle of nowhere au
- caR BROKE DOWN AND HOT LOCAL FIXES IT AU
- 'why does my shitty neighbour keeps using my wifi' 'then you shouldntve made the password a dumb lord of the rings reference' au
- lost cat au
- tech support au
- only ones at demonstration au
Upon second viewing, I have definitely concluded that Guardians of the Galaxy is even better when you imagine it as a tabletop campaign with an increasingly frustrated DM who’s sick of being interrupted.
GM: “Roll 2d10.”
Peter: “Red high. Twelve.”
GM: “You have 12 percent of a plan.”
The entire prison break scene was just Rocket’s player rolling knowledge checks on every turn until something worked.
- When Drax’s player said, “I go into the phone booth and call Ronan to Knowhere”, the DM stared open-mouthed for a minute, then called break time. The rest of the party was speechless.
- Pretty much just in general, Drax’s player is one of those people who thinks Chaotic Neutral means “throws self at shit for the lulz” and is really fortunate he didn’t have many other opportunities to derail the campaign.
- Gamora’s player gets really exasperated by the entirety of the campaign. They rolled a character with a tragic backstory and clear hooks to the villain to expand on, and had no idea that everyone else was going to be so silly. It leads to begging the party to just once execute a normal plan because look at Gamora’s stealth bonus, this min/maxed assassin needs a chance to use her abilities, please.
- Rocket’s a skill monkey who, if not for Drax’s grand display of idiocy, would have gladly derailed the campaign with absurd plans.
- Groot was a joke idea someone came up with that people ended up liking too much.
- Ronan’s confusion when Star Lord began dancing was the DM’s confusion verbatim.
- The DM now vetoes Chaotic Neutral characters on principle.
- Modern royalty AUs
- Accidentally read their diary AUs
- Egyptologists AUs
- Rockstar and groupie AUs
- Book club AUs
- Met at comic con AUs
- Lifeguard AUs
- 1920s con artists AUs
- Running from the police AUs
- Librarian AUs
- Rebels against the government AUs
- Internet friends AUs
- Time traveling AUs
- Struggling artists AUs